All orders placed through Olliebook.com or BlackSaltPress.com on or after July 25 will not get shipped until Monday, August 15. You can also order books from the Black Salt Press store at Amazon.com if you are unable to wait. Amazon is shipping daily.
WINNER OF 5 BOOK AWARDS
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Foreword Reviews' INDIEFAB Book of the Year
ALA Annual Conference, June 2016
20th Annual 2016 Independent Publisher Book Awards
BEA, Chicago, May 2016
BEST OF 2015: TOP TEN PHOTOBOOKS
Mother Jones Magazine
San Francisco, January 2016
BEST IN CATEGORY: GENERAL TRADE ILLUSTRATED
58th Annual New England Book Show
FAPA President’s Book Awards
- It is seriously the best book I've read yet on skateboarding history. Nezka Pfeifer, Curator, “Sidewalk Surfing: The Art & Culture of Skateboarding,” The Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art
- [A Secret History of the Ollie] sheds a very bright light on a revolutionary time in skateboarding. Thrasher Magazine
- This book will rewrite skateboarding history as we know it.Betsy Gordon, Smithsonian Institution
- It is amazing detective work and a great value.Iain Borden, author of “Skateboarding, Space and the City”
- This will be the reference point for all other ’70s-era skate histories going forward. Eastern Surf Magazine
- It is beyond anything that has ever been published before. Michael Brooke, author and publisher of Concrete Wave Magazine
- [A Secret History of the Ollie] is a wonderful history textbook on 70's skateboarding unequaled and will stand the test of time. Larry Balma, co-founder of Tracker Trucks and former publisher of TransWorld Skateboarding, 1983-1996
- Craig Snyder's work is much more than a secret history of the Ollie. It is a first-rate account of skateboarding. H. Michael Gelfand, James Madison University
- A Secret History of the Ollie is truly a masterpiece. William H. Robertson, Ph.D., former pro skater, associate professor in science and technology education at the University of Texas, and author of “Action Science: Relevant Teaching and Active Learning”
- If you think you need 900(!) pages of 1970s-to-early 80s skate history that shows that a raging world existed outside of Southern California, then make some room for this thang.Bill Daniel, Texas filmmaker, artist, photographer, and skater
- Just started reading it . . . can't put it down. If I ever get to the point where I can afford employees at the Morro Bay Skatelab Skateboard Museum it will be required reading.Jack Smith, museum founder and director, and former publisher of The Skateboarder’s Journal
ENGLISH, SPANISH, CHINESE, OR FRENCH?
Please take a moment to share your preferences in this quick survey. No typing is required; just click a few buttons and submit!
Click here to take the survey now!
Photo credits: Image of Martin Rivera, Downtown Bogota, Colombia, 2011, by Nicolas Delvalle; iPad and Kindle image, courtesy of Kodomut.